December 29, 2010: Getting Prepped for 2011 Resolution

Ok....I'm getting prepped. To put some of it in context here is one of the bookshelves of cookbooks. Admittedly not as many as some might think but I really do need to actually utlize them...or they may be put out for Garage Sale time.

Disorganized for sure, but a source of joy for me. 

I have made the decision on which book will provide my first recipe. This is the book that kind of started it all (at least the one I still have). I had asked for it for Christmas sometime back in the 90s and proceeded to cook several recipes from it. All good. I will be cooking a new one from it but am going to wait until I cook it to let you know. I also requested Cool Hand Luke around the same time....and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I guess I had an obsession with Paul Newman more than anything. In any case - it led to a greater passion.
And I did some prep work the other day...not a recipe from a book but from the bag of butterscotch chips. I present Oatmeal Scotchies.

My husband, who is a "If it isn't a chocolate chip cookie it isn't worth eating" kind of guy has been converted. Crap. I was hoping to get all of these cookies to myself.

And what is a post without a photo of Fenway???
Here she is with her Christmas present. It says "It's Hard to be Good."

Indeed, Fenway. Indeed.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm glad you continue to expand my son's horizons :)
Unknown said…
PS I probably have around 100 more cookbooks you're welcome to use ... mostly with pictures since I am more likely to use a recipe if I can see the food ahead of time :)
By George said…
:) Ya he's definitely trying new things (some he likes, some not so much.) :)

I *love* cookbooks so any you want to toss my way or look up a recipe for me, feel free! I typically prefer cookbooks with photos as well - same reason. I want to see it. :)

Popular Posts