December 27, 2010 - New Resolution...

Ok so I failed (relatively speaking) at my photo-a-day goal...but did keep up some photos and enjoyed looking back at this past year.

This coming year I have a new goal. A certain husband of mine has pointed out to me that I have a bookshelf (and then some) of cookbooks that I have not really utilized....I LOVE to look through them but truly have not cooked from a majority of them. Add the bajillion cooking magazines that I have amassed and I have a pile of guilt-inducing books and paper that serves no purpose until I cook from them.

So. My goal this year, 2011, is to cook at least once per week from a recipe from a different cookbook or magazine and write about it/photograph it here.

It will be the year of adventurous cooking for me and adventurous eating for Chris (he has a limited amount of food that he normally eats...BUT will try anything once and if he doesn't like something is easily appeased with peanut butter and jelly. I might need to buy stock in Jif this year! :)

In the meantime - here are a few more photos from today and yesterday.

 "Fenway, you wanna go for a walk?"
Georgia pansies covered in snow from the BIG storm of Christmas 2010.

Let the countdown to 2011 begin! (I may do some "test" recipes prior to the new year...)

Comments

Popular Posts