July 8, 2010 - Leftovers

Same meal two nights in a row. But we're ok with that!

Yesterday we pan seared a huge skirt steak (salt, pepper, garlic and some beer) and made a roasted corn and tomato 'relish'. Delicious, and a great joint effort in the kitchen together (usually I try to take over).

Tonight we heated it all back up and enjoyed it again. Tip on reheating steak without cooking it any more: put the steak in a zip lock baggy and place it in a bowl of hot water. This will warm the steak up to a nice eating temp without bringing it from rare to well done!

Pan Roasted Corn and Tomato Relish Recipe.

(I added the lima beans to my plate tonight while Chris had a spinach salad. Sorry people but I love lima beans.)

Comments

Unknown said…
I was a little startled until I saw your last sentence. I couldn't believe that you had gotten our son to eat lima beans :)
Love the tip about the steak ... I'll have to try it.
By George said…
LOL! No, our dear Chris does not do beans of any sort, as you know. He's missing out!!!

Popular Posts