Up, Up and Away!

Yesterday was "Family Day" for Chris' flight class. I, along with a lot of other wives and a bunch of children and some parents got to go to the airfield where Chris' class was training and watch them fly.

Chris told me ahead of time that he would be flying in the aircraft marked 56E so, with camera in hand I made it out to the airfield and started recording. This was harder than I thought it would be since there were about 15 helicopters buzzing around the field and all would touch down and fly away and do maneuvers and whatnot and it was very hard to tell who was who. (Whom was whom?)

A few times I would find out that I had been recording the entirely wrong helicopter. The movie clip attached here is the tail end of me taping the wrong helicopter. Fortunately, as I was recording, I noticed 56E flying right into my vision so....I got a good clip!

Here is Chris flying.




After Chris was done, he switched with his "Stick Buddy" (flying partner) and got to spend some time with me. Here we are in front of the helicopter he's been training on (not the one he flew this particular day).

And here I am in the pilot's seat. (It's like driving in London, apparently.) :)

Comments

Unknown said…
A scary but proud moment for Mom, too!

Popular Posts