Top O The Mornin!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you all!

Now that I live with an Irish man (my handsome husband on the left here), I have a little more of an appreciation for the day. He is quite proud of his Irish heritage.

Tonight's plan for us is to lay low, however, as Chris has his Check Ride tomorrow. This is a pretty big (and very important) test. He's been studying and memorizing emergency procedures for months for this.

Tomorrow, however, we may be taking a trip to visit our friend Seamus at KD O'Shea's in Dothan to have a pint of Guinness. (The "K" actually stands for Katrina, believe it or not!)

In the meantime today, I will focus more on St. Patrick himself and his mission in life to spread God's love. For today's Lenten reading, I found a wonderful prayer that he wrote.

I think it is extra fitting for my pilot husband :). Here it is:

I arise today
Through God’s strength to pilot me:
God’s might to uphold me,
God’s wisdom to guide me
God’s eye to look before me,
God’s ear to hear me,
God’s word to speak for me,
God’s hand to guard me,
God’s way to lie before me,
God’s host to secure me
against snares of devils
against temptations of vices
against inclinations of nature
against everyone who shall wish me ill,
afar and anear,
alone and in a crowd.

Éirinn go brách!

Comments

Becky said…
we added some pictures for your enjoyment!

Popular Posts