Blackberry Buttermilk (Upside Down) Cake

Ok this was just plain delicious. I made it weeks ago and keep forgetting to write about it. And here is the recipe. It comes from the July 2011 issue of Bon Appetit.

Ignore all of the comments on this recipe saying it was a "waste of ingredients." I'm not sure what went wrong with them but mine came out perfect and I couldn't stop eating it. I had to bring it to work so I wasn't the one who ate the entire cake (Chris doesn't have a sweet tooth.)

A few things to note: this definitely takes less time to cook than indicated in the recipe. Keep a close eye on it and when the toothpick or cake tester comes out clean - it's done! I also used a fewer blackberries than called for because I simply didn't have that many and wasn't going to buy another pint. :) I think that worked to my advantage.

So keep an eye on it and bake away! The blackberries and hint of orange flavor make it a perfect not-too-sweet treat. Great with a cup of coffee!

Comments

Popular Posts