January 2, 2011 - New Year. New Resolution. New Look.

Welcome to ...by George 2011!

This year's resolution is, as I mentioned a few days ago, to cook at least one recipe per week using the myriad of cookbooks in my posession. I will be using magazines as well (it's definitely a bit of an obsession) and will document the recipes right here!

My first recipe will be created this week! More to come.

In the meantime, I've been taking inventory of my tools and stock and made a trip to three stores today (Big Lots, Kroger and Target. For budget reasons I stayed away from Whole Foods but believe you me, trips there and to the World Market in Decatur (makes Whole Foods look like a joke....it's Disney Land for chefs) will be made.

Here are some prep pictures.

Allow me to introduce you to Pearl. She won't be utilized for my first recipe but she most definitely will show up this year. 

 And the All-Clad is all nestled in the cabinet...
Can't make a soup or stew or chili without these babies. Or the slow cooker....
Sous Chef ready for action...and for crumbs to fall on the floor.

Tonight's meal? Leftover carbonara that Chris made on New Year's Eve. (My husband is a good cook too and may make guest appearances this year!)

Comments

Wendy said…
I love this and I am VERY excited to watch your progress! This actually was a new years resolution of mine a few years ago. I didn't make it past a few months, unfortunately. Sooo, I shall live vicariously through you! I love Pearl...and your beautiful Dutch Ovens. I am diggin' the new look on your blog too. Very nice indeed!
By George said…
Thanks Wendy!! You and Dave will definitely be able to enjoy some of the benefits of this resolution! :)

Popular Posts