3-Month Hiatus

Ok it wasn't intentional but it happened. Yikes.

As I sit and write with my cup o' coffee, Fenway is sleeping under the coffee table (worn out from a morning walk...I'm amazed at how much she sleeps!) and Chris is upstairs resting after morning PT. A banana bread bakes in the oven.

We (Chris and I) are about to celebrate our first anniversary. Seems impossible that it's already been a year. (It also seems impossible that it's only been a year!) We hope to get away for a few days but are still waiting on the good ole Army to find out if that's possible.

There was a milestone in our extended family that we missed because of Uncle Sam. Chris' brother, Bryan married his bride Emily on June 26. We are so glad they had a beautiful day (the pictures are beyond stunning) but are so sad we couldn't be there. Welcome to the family, Emily and congrats to both of you!

(I just told Chris that I am writing in my blog and he said "Imagine that." I can't hardly blame him.)

I've expanded my gardening and Chris has joined in the fun. I have herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, sage, rosemary and some lavender), some flowers grown from seed that haven't bloomed yet (Cosmos) and some jalapeno peppers. There are 10 full-grown peppers on my plants and I'm just waiting for them to ripen. They are much better as red peppers. I cannot WAIT to make some salsa and poppers.

Chris has a giant pot of impatiens, some begonias and some "Four O'Clocks" The hydrangea (which he keeps calling a geranium) is still doing just fine.

Well that's my stream of conscious post...better this than nothing! Pictures to follow...

Comments

Popular Posts